Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Fat Chicks and Belly Dancing

OMG! Why didn't anyone tell me it was this much fun and this exhausting!?!?

My BFFs Ann and Steph and I went tonight -- Our first class. We are all big girls. There were 6 of us in the class. A woman that was a little older than me (maybe), a tall skinny chick that was there for the first time too and a girl who has been doing it since February. And then there is our teacher. Late 20's. Long dark hair. Pretty as all get out. And a drop dead body. And and AMAZING dancer!

I felt like a lumbering elephant. Not so much because of my size - but because I am SO uncoordinated. I felt like I was trying to dance on my hands. It is something I can see getting the hang of in the next decade or so. But it felt really good to be wiggling, shimmying and moving around. Of course, I was sweating like a pig. It is the kind of thing you really need to be wearing a small amount of clothing for -- But I won't do that to the other kind people that are in the class. But next week I will be wearing a shirt with shorter sleeves and maybe some shorts or something. I had on a 3/4 length shirt and shorter yoga pants tonight. Still hotter than hell.

The moves are sexy. Empowering. I am looking forward to being able to get a few of the moves right. Being able to shake my hips without my legs moving too. I LOVE the isolation part of belly dancing. I kept my hands at my sides most of the night. I think I will work on one body part at a time!;)

And -- Keeping in the continuity of my last post -- it is an EXTREME boost to the self esteem. Even tho I probably (did) look like a jackass. It just felt really good.

Soooo...Tuesday night belly dancing class -- Here we come!

No comments:

Post a Comment