Friday, October 2, 2009

New NSV's (non scale victories)

I have had a pair of shorts that my Mom bought me at the beginning of Summer sitting in my bedroom -- When I first got them they were at LEAST 6 inches from buttoning and were T I G H T across the booty. For S's & G's I tried them on the other night before I went to bed. They slipped right over my hips and buttoned without even sucking in my stomach. YAY ME!!! I think I am going to grab a pair of size 16/18 jeans this weekend to hang in the bathroom for some visualization. My size goal is to get down into a size 8/10. But I will be THRILLED with anything less than the 22 that I am now.

My next NSV is Zumba!! I went last night for the first time. WOW! If you have one near you RUN do not walk and get there. You do not have to do the high impact. You can march in place if you get over tired or out of breath. Don't get me wrong -- It is HARD! I mean REALLY hard. But so well worth it!!

You learn things about yourself when you take classes like this. I learned that I am INSANELY competitive. There was no way in hell I was going to let the 5'0, 100 pound instructor best me. I was NOT going to be the fat girl in the room that couldn't hack it and had to give up. I was the biggest girl there. I am about 6 pounds heavier than my friend that was with me -- I convinced 3 other friends to come with me. 2 are about 215 and 2 of us are in the 230's. We all made it through the class! If you do not know anything about zumba - you can check it out on youtube.com. You can burn about 1000 to 1200 calories in an hour. Our class was an hour and 15 minutes. I would love to add another class a week. It is something to work up to!

Anywho -- Those are my NSVs for the day!

Cheers,
Keb
289/238/to add one more Zumba class a week

http://thetruthaboutfatchicks.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome! Keep up the great work!!! Sooner or later you will inspire me to hop on the train you are riding. :)

    ReplyDelete